Viewers of America’s Got Talent were frightened by a ‘dangerous’ act in which one artist physically set themself on fire.
Ray Wold and his mother did their fire-based performance for the first of the live presentations, but spectators were unable to see it.
He initially raced onto the stage, his shoes and hat on fire, bringing more and more flames to the performance.
To the astonishment of judges Simon Cowell, Sofia Vergara, and Howie Mandel, his mother deployed a flame blower across the stage at one point.
Meanwhile, Heidi Klum laughed from the start, seemingly unconcerned about the risk.
The stakes were pushed even higher when Ray placed an alight umbrella to his mouth before it fell over his back, igniting him.
His companion, on the other hand, had everyone in stitches when she looked to have flames shooting up from her behind, before Ray locked himself up and was sprayed with flammable liquid.
The music became significantly more menacing at the most perilous section of the act, with Ray briefly buried in flames.
It was apparently too much for Howie, who buzzed his X despite the crowd’s roars of approval.
Thankfully, despite the fact that he was on fire, he crawled out perfectly safe.
The flames were ultimately put out by an extinguisher, but not before supporters were anxious about the performance’s safety.
‘Pure stupidity. Spend 10 minutes in a burn unit. This is dumb,’ one seethed.
Another penned: ‘NOT FUNNY.’
Someone else said: ‘the height of madness.’
Others were far more impressed, with one writing: ‘This is great.’
‘This act is on fire,’ another joked.
‘Yay Ray!! You guys NAILED IT,’ someone else said.
Unclear whether praising the talent or concerned for their safety, someone else said: ‘That is very dangerous!’
America’s Got Talent airs on Peacock.
Source My Celebrity Life.