What clues are there for Rat’s identity?
From the clues package in the VT and the riddle they gave the panel, here’s what we have so far…
- Rat wears tartan and has a Scottish flag on their dungarees. Have these clues revealed their nationality?
- However, Rat appears to have a Scouse account. Are they actually Liverpudlian?
- Rat carries a toolbelt. Could they be involved in DIY and home renovation series?
- The number plate has ‘F4’ on it which Jonathan said was the computer command for copying. Could they be an impersonator?
- There was a clock shown on the VT and Rat themselves referred to time and ‘tick tock’. Could they be a social media star?
Who could Rat on The Masked Singer be?
Jonathan was persuaded Rat’s scouse accent was a forgery, and the computer command hint led him to assume the character was a spoof.
He thought Ronni Ancona, best known for co-writing and acting in The Big Impression with Alistair McGowan, would be a good fit.
The 57-year-old Last Tango in Halifax actress is well-known for her impersonations of icons such as Olivia Colman and Audrey Hepburn, so could Rat be her new incarnation?
Many of Rat’s indications, from their tool pack to the ‘out of service’ laundrette sign, indicate that they are active in the DIY industry.
Guest judge Charlie Simpson became sure Claire Sweeney is behind the mask after thinking back to presenters who have led home improvement programmes.
Claire presented the home design show 60 Minute Makeover for a decade, from 2004 to 2014.
Davina suspected vocalist Shirley Manson, the frontwoman of the band Garbage, based on two major indications.
First, there were multiple references to cleaning and garbage in the clues package, and Rat’s clothes suggests they may be Scottish.
Shirley, 57, is also no stranger to performing on stage as a global popstar…
Clocks were prominent in Rat’s clue package, which Mo read as implying the celebrity ‘had been around for some time.’
He also saw Teenage Kicks playing in the background and, based on the phrase ‘kicks,’ concluded the celebrity beneath the costume was athletic.
These two hints lead him to believe that Rat is none other than Mel C, the athletic spice from 90s megaband The Spice Girls.
The Masked Singer continues on Saturday at 7pm on ITV1 and ITVX.
Source My Celebrity Life.